BDM in the spotlight asks a different BDM the same questions – giving you regular insights into the lives of some of the top BDMs in the country.
Name: Noushig Megerditchian
Years in the industry: 24
1. What was your work before entering the industry?
I was a student at Macquarie University.
2. How often do you see brokers in a week?
I see them almost every day. They’re like my family, a part of my life now.
3. What do brokers want most from you?
They want clear advice on how to take their business to the next level.
4. What is your favourite part of the job?
Being able to sit down with brokers and go through their business together and formulate a business plan (including setting up clear goals) is always rewarding. I love it when they push the boundaries of their business! I also love to socialise with my brokers over a nice lunch, and really get to know them on a personal level.
5. What distinguishes the best brokers you deal with?
I think brokers with plenty of drive and enthusiasm tend to set themselves apart from the pack.
6. Describe your ideal weekend.
I have three children, so spending quality time with them makes me happy. Two of them play representative team sports, and being at their games and watching them win always puts a smile on my face.
7. What’s the strangest lending scenario you’ve ever encountered?
As an aggregator BDM, I don’t do many scenarios anymore, but the ones that I do get are always interesting. The last one was looking for a lender who will consider a 36sq.m. unit in Sydney with nine applicants. Yes, the entire family wanted to buy the unit and live in it!
8. What's your top time-saving tip and how much time does it save you?
I like to stay in a café, in a central area near my brokers, and ask them to come to me. I can do five meetings in one day, saving me hours of travel time!
9. What’s your favourite meal?
Any Armenian food. Unfortunately, they’re mostly fatty but always delicious!