Name: Chelsea Deacon
Years in the industry: 14
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
- What did you do before entering the industry? I’ve lived and breathed the mortgage broking industry for almost all of my professional career. I had a brief stint as a Personal Trainer when I was 18, but quickly realised the mortgage broking industry was what I’m passionate about!
- How often do you see mortgage brokers in a week? Several times a week either via Zoom or face to face
- What do mortgage brokers want most from you? Reassurance, support and a different perspective on how to look at their business. Essentially Finsure brokers are constantly striving to be better businesspeople and better brokers. My role is to help them achieve both.
- What is your favourite part of the job? Learning something new. I have never been in another role where each day is a new challenge and I consistently learn new things
- What distinguishes the best brokers you deal with? Customer service and how they interact with their clients. A monthly RBA email does not cut it!
- What’s your ideal weekend? A weekend at my in-laws property in South Gippsland with a glass of wine by the fire. It’s my children’s favourite place in the world too.
- What’s the strangest lending scenario you’ve ever encountered? The strangest scenarios have come out of Covid-19 from Horse Farms with petrol stations to 6 families buying a house for $300,000. This period has made the job even more interesting as no matter how strange the scenario is, we love helping our brokers find a solution for their clients.
- What's your top time-saving tip and how much time does it save you? Email rules within outlook, I have numerous folders and prioritise broker emails. It saves 2-3 hours a day filtering non-relevant emails.
- What’s your favourite meal? Steak or fried chicken or whatever is on someone else’s plate