Director of Hunter Galloway, Nathan Vecchio, started broking in 2015 and using the techniques from Jayden's Top Broker Handbook, is writing big numbers, leading to Vow Financial naming him Broker Partner of the Year Rising Star in 2016.
The Before Shot
What if I told you today’s broker bootcamp could be completed in just three steps? Yeah, yeah, when most of us think of bootcamp, we envisage doing sweaty burpees and high knees in the park. But with today’s bootcamp you’re not going to get sweaty but instead get steady with your marketing habits. I see too many brokers busy ‘hustling’ but as Gary Vaynerchuck said so well, about how many people say their “hustling to achieve these great things,” but really their actions don’t match. So, the aim of today is to get your marketing strategies in to place, to help you gain more traction in your business and streamline repetitive tasks.
I’ve set this one up for you so you can go through and make sure you aren’t missing any of these strategies, to create a killer marketing set up that really works.
Step 1: Start a regime that works
We’ve covered this before on Top Broker, but content marketing isn’t just about your content; 80% of it is about what you do with it.
So then, if 80% is about what you do with it, as a broker, how can you successfully promote your content?
- Brainstorm all of the different people you could contact to ‘repost’ your content; you’d be surprised how big your networks are. If you get one friend to share an article, this will reach their 400+ friends, already putting you ahead of where you were in the first place.
- Ensure your content is SEO friendly – Check out Moz’s free handbook about how to optimise your content and website.
- Share it on LinkedIn – You know LinkedIn’s articles section where you can write your own posts? Add your content there.
- Use it in your newsletter – Add links back to your website, getting your audience to not only increase your hit rate but read the content they may have otherwise missed.
- Package it into an eBook – Grab the crème de la crème of your content and package it up.
- Schedule your posts on Facebook - Now you don’t have to manually be waiting to click post at the time you want it to be shown, easy.
These are just a few of many ideas towards how to market your content.
Step 2: Don’t miss new moves
Make sure you are keeping up to date with new resources that will help bring traffic to your website. I know, you’ve probably spent years working to become a successful broker, so what does marketing have to do with it?
Let’s just get one thing straight; marketing is in everything that you do, so it’s something that you will continually be learning about in order to perfect.
These resources will help you build your business in more ways than one.
- Get involved in webinars - Continue learning about marketing techniques.
- Listen to podcasts – Some of my favourites are Duct Tape Marketing, Marketing Over Coffee and #AskGaryVee. These will help you keep on top of trends and new ideas to really speak to and capture your audience’s attention.
- Listen to audio books – Audiobooks on marketing are a great way to become a self taught marketing guru!
- Check out websites like Medium, Forbes and Entrepreneur for marketing hacks and ideas.
Step 3: Shape-up with these shortcuts
One word: Automate.
We throw the word ‘automation’ around a lot, but really so many brokers overlook it. The initial set up of automation is quite a heavy task, which deters people at the thought, but once you overcome that challenge, the benefits are well worth it in the long run.
Stop sending that same ‘Notice/Reminder’ email a thousand times over.
Stop reposting the same articles every two days. Automate it.
- Check out CRM systems like GetResponse, Infusionsoft, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Sales Force (bigger scale).
- Instagram - Have a look at Latergram
- Facebook - Take a look at MeetEdgar
- Or try all social media integration with Hootsuite.
There are so many choices when it comes to automation and the possibilities are endless, however my preferred tools are Infusionsoft, Mailchimp and MeetEdgar.
The After Shot
Now it’s time to take a look at your ‘after shot’ and notice the increased business flowing through your doors just by these simple steps. After three months do a review of how your marketing activities are going and what is working and what isn’t. Continually reviewing and monitoring your activities is the best way to improve them. Keep your content relevant and your marketing strategies on point with these tips and you’ll be a multitalented broker-marketing guru in no time.
PS: I’m going to be taking over here at Top Broker for a little bit while Jayden focuses on a few big and exciting projects we are looking forward to bring you in the next few weeks. A quick background, I started broking in 2015 and using the techniques Jayden has given in the Top Broker Handbook I have grown my business in a very short time to writing some big numbers, and was fortunate enough to be awarded Broker Partner of the Year Rising Star in 2016.